Facials: Why do I need one?
A professional facial is more than a luxury! It is hygiene and exercise for your delicate facial & neck skin! It’s your weapon against Father Time! It’s your healthy alternative to costly medical procedures!
Facials offer you the opportunity to work with a skin care specialist who will analyze your skin, help you improve your complexion, and show you how to properly treat your skin at home with the products you use. A facial provides a deeper cleansing and specialized treatments than what you are able to provide yourself at home.
A facial helps increase circulation which in turn stimulates the production of collagen and new cell formation. It can help slow down pre-mature aging with the deep cleanse, skin specific exfoliation and masque treatments chosen especially for your needs which will detoxify, tone, calm, energize, lift and/or hydrate. Please see below for a detailed list of what our facials include.
When received regularly, a facial can result in noticeable improvements to skin tone, texture and appearance. A proper facial massage can also restore the skin's normal balance of oil and pH. Additionally, temporary results may include heightened skin softness and pliancy, increased circulation, which enhances cellular nutrition, and an overall soothing of the spirit. As an added bonus, most people find receiving a professional facial to be exceptionally relaxing.
A professional facial is recommended every four to six weeks, although, you may choose to have one every week if you are experiencing menopause or going through a time of unusual stress. During these times your skin can be unpredictable and seeking the help of a licensed aesthetician to guide you through changes such as breakouts, dry and flaky patches, etc. can not only be helpful, but very healing. To maximize and prolong the results of your facial, recommendations are always provided as part of our services for your home care program.
- Cleanse ~ A two-step cleansing process to get your skin ready to receive.
- Exfoliation ~Physical (scrub, ultrasound, microdermabrasion) and/or chemical (acids, enzymes) exfoliants to stimulate cell renewal, remove dry skin, break down stubborn discoloration (brown spots) and fade post-breakout red/dark marks. Exfoliation also allows active ingredients to penetrate more deeply into the skin for maximum benefit.
- Massage ~Not only is it incredibly relaxing, but facial massage exercises tired, over or under used muscles while increasing microcirculation to bring nutrients to the skin at the cellular level. Our facials include some or all of the following massage: face, neck, chest/décolleté, shoulders, hands & arms.
- Steam ~The heat the steam produces will raise the temperature of the skin and soften the hardened oil in the pore, making it easier for extraction and deep pore cleansing. Steam is also excellent for hydrating the skin and penetrating products more deeply.
- Manual extraction ~When it comes to clogged pores and blackheads, there is no more effective way to remove them than with manual removal (gentle squeezing). In all of our facials, we use special skin-softening treatments along with steam to prepare the pores for manual extractions which helps to minimize redness afterward.
- Masque ~In all of our facials, we use the masque that is best suited to your skin's needs. Masques are a wonderful specialized treatment that can do some or all of the following for your skin ~ even skin tone, noticeably firm & plump, deeply detoxify, increase circulation, replenish nutrients, promote elasticity, support cell renewal, balance, provide antioxidant protection, heal, calm & soothe, improve texture, replenish depleted minerals, deeply moisturize, and, of course, leaving you glowing!
- Reformation Therapy ~ We embrace technology into our facials by utilizing Reformation Therapy machines like Micro Current, Ultrasound, UltraSonic Skin Spatula, Diamond Microdermabrasion, High Frequency and Galvanic Electricities, & Lymphatic drainage to give you enhanced results.